2018 Homemade Doggie Treat Recipes
Make these super cute & fun New Year’s Eve dog treats recipe so your furry best friend can ring in the New Year too! Think about it: this holiday is totally for the dogs! Everyone gets big, sloppy kisses at midnight! What dog wouldn’t love that? This recipe is so much fun to make. Bonus: you can use the cookie cutters to make a version for your human guests too!
#1 Snowflake Cookies for Dogs
Ingredients 1 1/4 cups rice flour 2 eggs 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil 1 Tablespoon honey
Directions 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 3. Mix eggs, vegetable oil, and honey in a bowl. 4. Add the flour and mix well to form a dough. 5. Roll dough onto floured surface until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. 6. Using a snowflake cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and place on baking sheet. 7. Bake cookies for about 15 minutes or until golden. 8. Cool thoroughly before serving.
#2 Ginger Apple Cookies
Grain Free dog treats made with apples and ginger!
- 1 cup brown rice flour (we used Bob’s Red Mill Organic)
- ½ cup apple, finely diced
- ? cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- ½ tsp fresh ginger (finely minced) or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together until well combined. If necessary, thoroughly mix together with hands.
- Turn mixture out onto a floured, flat surface and roll out with a rolling pin to approximately ¼”.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
#3 Organic Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
2 cups whole-wheat flour, plus more for cutting out the cookies
Instructions 1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. 2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and milk. Drizzling the milk in slowly will allow you to combine it more efficiently. 3, In another large mixing bowl, combine the baking powder and whole-wheat flour. 4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter-milk mixture. Combine all of the ingredients until thoroughly mixed. 5. On a sheet of parchment paper, sprinkle a tiny bit of wheat flour on the surface and roll out the dough to reach your desired dog treat thickness. Using your dog bone cookie cutters, cut out dog treats and place them onto a greased cookie sheet. 6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Do not restrict your creativity, Go ahead and mix up all your poochie’s favourite ingredients and make your own classic recipe. Make note of ingredients that you should try to avoid.
Ingredients to avoid:
Chocolate Caffeine Cinnamon Garlic Onions
Do not forget to share your best recipes with us! Happy 2018